Maria Teresa Parisotto obtained the Nursing Diploma in 1974 and the Bachelor on Nursing Management in 1976, in Milan, Italy.
She worked as Nurse Manager in a Dialysis Unit, Hospital San Paolo, Milan, Italy.
• >10 years as Nurse Manager in a Dialysis Unit, Hospital San Paolo, Milan, Italy
• 9 years as Application Specialist first, Director Peritoneal Dialysis afterwards in Fresenius Medical Care Italy, focusing on nurses education
• 5 years as Director Peritoneal Dialysis for Europe, Middle East and Africa in Fresenius Medical Care, Bad Homburg, Germany – developing educational programme for nurses and patients
• 2006 - 2016 as Director Nursing Care Management in Fresenius Medical Care – NephroCare Coordination, Bad Homburg, Germany. Responsible for the development of a full training programme for dialysis nurses, development of policies and procedures for dialysis centres.
• 2016 onward as Chief Nurse Advisor in Fresenius Medical Care – Care Value Management, Bad Homburg, Germany
Her main areas of interest and experience are Vascular Access Cannulation and Care, Hygiene and Infection Control, Dialysis processes analysis, Safety in Dialysis.
Her publications focused on Peritoneal Dialysis, Haemodialysis Safety & Quality and Vascular Access cannulation and care.
She participated in scientific projects with EDTNA/ERCA as co-author for the development of “Environmental Guidelines for Dialysis – A practical Guide to Reduce the Environmental Burden of Dialysis”; Co-Editor for the development of “Vascular Access Cannulation and Care – A Nursing Best Practice Guide for Arteriovenous Fistula” and editor of the “Vascular Access Cannulation and Care – A Nursing Best Practice Guide for Arteriovenous Graft” and “Vascular Access Management and Care – A Nursing Best Practice Guide for Central Venous Catheter”
Maria Teresa is member of EDTNA/ERCA since 1986, Executive Committee member since 2016, Secretary since 2017.