Continuing Education Instructions and Disclosure Information:
Contact hours available until 4/15/2025.
Requirements for Successful Completion:
Complete the learning activity in its entirety and complete the online nursing continuing professional development evaluation. You will be able to print your NCPD certificate at any time after you complete the evaluation.
Disclosure of relevant financial relationships with ineligible companies (planners, reviewers, authors):
• Debbie Brouwer-Maier, RN, CNN, is an employee of Transonic.
• Jean Colaneri, ACNP-BC, CNN, is a consultant for Cara Therapeutics Virtual Advisory Board.
• Jane S. Davis, CRNP, DNP, is on the Speakers Bureau for Amgen.
• Deborah Degree, BSN, RN, is an employee of Pentec Healthcare.
• Sheila Deziel, MSN, RN, CNN, FNKF, is an employee of Fresenius RTG.
• Jennifer I. Ducko, MSN, RN, CDN, is an employee of Fresenius Kidney Care.
• Rhonda Campbell Duggan, MSN, RN, CCTC, is an employee of Fresenius Medical Care and on the Speakers Bureau for Alexion and AstraZeneca.
• Paula Dutka, MSN, RN, CNN, is a consultant for Rockwell Medical.
• Glenna M. Frey, MSN, APRN-CNS, is on the Speakers Bureau for Ostuka Pharmaceutical Development & Commercialization, Inc. and the co-founder and co-executive director of Kidney Donor Conversations, Inc.
• Deborah Glidden, MSN, APRN, CNN, is on the Speakers Bureau for Amgen.
• Ruth Grindinger, RN, CDN, is an employee of Fresenius Kidney Care.
• Marijo Johnson, BSN, RN, CNN, is an employee of Fresenius Medical Care.
• Theresa A. Mottes, MSN, APRN, CPNP-AC, CDN, is on the Speakers Bureau for Baxter and a consultant for Medtronic.
• Melissa S. Nesmith-Vester, MSN, APRN, FNP-BC, CNN, is an employee of Astra Zeneca Pharmaceuticals.
• Catherine Pantik, PhD, DNP, APRN, NP-C, is on the Speakers Bureau for Astra Zeneca.
• Sonya L. Peterson, MSN, RN, CNN, is an employee of NxStage Medical, Inc. and holds stock in Amgen.
• Elizabeth St. John, BSN, RN, CNN, is an employee of Fresenius Kidney Care.
• Tanya Scott, MSN, RN, CNN, is an employee of Fresenius Medical Care, and her spouse is employed by Fresenius Medical Care and DaVita.
• Cynthia Smith, DNP, CNN-NP, FNP-BC, APRN, FNKF, is on the Speakers Bureau for Relypsa and Sanofi Genzyme, and she is a contributing author and content reviewer for Elsevier.
• Karen Solcher, MSN, NP-C, CNN-NP, is on the Speakers Bureau for Akebia and is the chair of Qsource Board.
There are no other disclosures to declare.
No commercial support declared.
The American Nephrology Nurses Association (ANNA) is accredited as a provider of nursing continuing professional development (NCPD) by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
ANNA is an approved provider of continuing nursing education by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number CEP 17499.
ANNA urges participants to be aware of the NCPD requirements for re-licensure in the states in which they hold a license.
After completing this education activity, the learner will be able to describe the evolution of nephrology nursing.