This workshop covers the incidence, causes, assessment, and management of acute kidney injury (AKI). Topics include sepsis, rhabdomyolysis, drug toxicity, electrolyte imbalances, hepatorenal and cardiorenal syndromes, and AKI in the pediatric population.
Contact hours available until 4/10/19.
Requirements for Successful Completion:
Complete the learning activity in its entirety and complete the online CNE evaluation. You will be able to print your CNE certificate at any time after you complete the evaluation.
Faculty, Planners, and Speakers Conflict of Interest Disclosure:
Planning Committee Disclosures:
• Elizabeth St. John – Employee, Fresenius Kidney Care
• Kyra Trappett – Employee, DaVita Dialysis
• Colleen Suprenant – Employee, NxStage Medical
There are no other disclosures to declare.
Commercial Support and Sponsorship:
No commercial support or sponsorship declared.
American Nephrology Nurses Association – Provider is accredited with distinction as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
• Nephrology nurses will state an increased ability to recognize patients at high risk of acute kidney injury (AKI) and increased confidence in treating patients through the stages of AKI caused by varying situations.
• Nephrology nurses will state an increased confidence in treating patients needing a left ventricular assist device (LVAD).
• Nephrology nurses will identify gaps in practice related to treatment of AKI during disasters, epidemics, and pandemics, and identify treatment options for AKI.