At your request, ANNA is now offering a primer for APN practice and review for the NP certification exam! This workshop includes a review of the blueprint for nephrology nursing practice, ensuring that you have all of the knowledge needed to successfully complete the exam or begin to practice. With a keen eye on building your nephrology base, this session is always well received and now offers a broader approach to include the advanced practice nurse.
Contact hours available until 9/22/2015.
Requirements for Successful Completion:
Complete the learning activity in its entirety and complete the online CNE evaluation.
Conflict of Interest Disclosure:
Speaker(s) have no disclosures to declare.
Conference Committee Disclosures:
Dawn Koonkongsatian – Employee, Fresenius Medical Care
Kristin Larson – Employee, NxStage Medical
Denise Murcek – Employee, Fresenius Medical Care
Beth St. John - Employee, Fresenius Medical Care
Lucy Todd – Employee, Baxter Healthcare
Kyra Trappett – Employee, DaVita
Commercial Support and Sponsorship:
No commercial support or sponsorship declared.
American Nephrology Nurses’ Association is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
ANNA is a provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, provider number CEP 00910.Objectives:
- Analyze treatment modality options.
- Prepare a dialysis prescription for each modality.
- Outline an access management plan for persons on hemodialysis and peritoneal dialysis.
- Assess and diagnose the major complications of CKD and transplant.
- Determine appropriate interventions for CKD and transplant complications.
- Prescribe appropriate therapies in management of treatment complications.