CQI-Chapter #06 - Continuous Quality Improvement and Bone Disorder Management: A Multi-Phase Approac
Study of the information presented in this chapter will enable the learner to:
- Identify the risk of death for at least two elevated phosphorus ranges in the hemodialysis patient population.
- Define the Pareto principle.
- Discuss 3 principles of algorithm development.
- Identify a CQI project goal other than a parathyroid hormone (PTH) algorithm to address another cause of high PTH or phosphorus levels.
- Describe the impact the PTH cycle time can have on PTH outcomes.
- Identify one reason based on research data why patients on dialysis may require vitamin D supplementation, regardless of PTH level.